Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Why Men Cheat.

So I just read an article titled “Why Men Cheat” and let me say I am quite disappointed. I thought this article was going to be about men truly manning up and explaining why they cheat. Instead it was an article full of excuses about how men feel emotional voids because their wives don’t show enough appreciation, pushing them to cheat. While I understand that feeling that way can lead to thoughts of infidelity I honestly don’t believe it is 100% the woman’s fault. And that is what I got from this article. It named the reasons as to why men cheat and then gave examples of how women can keep their man from cheating. Instead of men finally accepting responsibility for their actions, they once again blame women. 

Yes women also cheat, I am in no way say that women have never cheated and blamed the man, but for there to be an article completely blaming the victim for the crime, that’s just ridiculous. Not only are women expected to be a great mom, wife, cook, maid, chauffeur, sex kitten, and business woman, we now are expected to control our men and make sure that they don’t act on hormonal urges. How are we expected to do all of this? It is a completely ridiculous demand. 

Maybe I misread the article, or took it out of context, but to me it sounds like it’s the woman’s fault, and it is her responsibility to make sure her husband does not cheat.

Here is the article. Interpret as you will. And correct me if I misread this.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/articlerb.aspx?cp-documentid=11290632&page=1

No comments:

Post a Comment