Thursday, May 21, 2009

Envy On The Coast, Anberlin, Taking Back Sunday

Last night, I had the privilege of seeing three great bands in concert. Envy On the Coast, Anberlin, and Taking Back Sunday came to The Rave in Milwaukee, WI, and it was definitely a must-see show. Now I was already pretty amped to see Taking Back Sunday since this was the first time I would have seen them live; to be honest, I really only cared to see them. However, after the first chord was struck by Envy, I was immediately focused and excited to see what was going to happen. I’ve never really listened to Envy on the Coast before, and while I was a bit skeptical at first, I really did enjoy their set. Ryan Hunter’s presence on the stage was mesmerizing. He commands your attention and gives off such a great presence; you can’t help but fall in love with him and the music.  All of these boys are very talented. They all show how passionate they are when it comes to playing their music. Their stage presence isn’t the only thing that commands your attention though; the music was outstanding. There is an intensity to the music that you don’t come across to often. I really enjoyed their set. Between the stellar music and tantalizing stage presence, Envy On the Coast has definitely taken over my iPod. 

What is there to say about Anberlin? They are definitely one of the most energetic groups of guys I have ever seen on stage. The music was pounding through the speakers and you could tell that every person in that venue was feeling it. The second “Feel Good Drag” started, the roar of the crowd made the intensity of the song ten times better. One thing I really enjoyed about their show was how much they interacted with the crowd. It was almost intimate, as if the guys were reaching into every person’s soul and making sure that every single person felt the same excitement the guys in the band felt. They did what they do best, and that is entertain.

When Taking Back Sunday took the stage, I could have sworn the building was shaking from all of the screaming from the crowd. I’ve never seen such enthusiasm from a crowd before. From that moment you just knew it was going to be an amazing show. There is a certain wildness to Taking Back Sunday that when they are on stage, you never know what to expect. Even though Adam Lazzara’s stage antics have dropped the mic swinging, he still commanded your attention. Normally when a band plays, it’s the lead singer who keeps everyone’s attention, but when it comes to TBS you are constantly moving from member to member, because they all demand attention. The set list was a great one, with songs ranging from Tell All Your Friends to songs from their newest album, New Again. It was interesting to see how people reacted to their newest songs since the album hasn’t been released yet, so we were all getting a taste of what’s to come. 

This was a fantastic show, and I am very lucky to have been there last night. The best part was being able to come out of the show seeing one band who I’ve been dreaming of seeing ever since I heard track one of Tell All Your Friends (and also finding a new band)! I recommend checking out all of these bands if you’ve never listened to them before. You won’t be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. I 'am Bookmanie, I live in Nice, France, I like to subscribe to the blog overseas and see what happens everywhere in the world, their way of thinking and see choses.Je understand quite well the English, but I often helps the translation tool. A bientôt. Bookman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to tell you something about your blog's tittle.
    Everything around us is a reflection of our conscience.Bookmanie

    ReplyDelete